All of our menstrual cups are FDA approved Medical Grade Silicone
Medical Grade Silicone Is for internal use!!
Menstrual Cup Facts : "An early version of a bell-shaped menstrual cup was patented in 1932, by the midwifery group of McGlasson and Perkins. Leona Chalmers patented the first usable commercial cup in 1937."
"While not a “100% natural” material like rubber, food-grade silicone is a non-toxic polymer mostly made from silica (sand). It can withstand heating and freezing without leaching or off-gassing, hazardous chemicals – unlike plastics, which contaminate food in these environments. It is also odor- and stain-resistant, hypoallergenic, and because of it’s smooth surface, very easy to clean. For these reasons, and because it is soft life rubber and does not break, it is the perfect material for eco-friendly and non-toxic baby products in particular." `Forbes.com
Toxic Sex Toys!!
Are you using safe sex toys? It's time to make sure your sex toys are medical grade silicone, crystals or glass.
"Here are just a few of the most toxic chemicals routinely used to manufacture sex toys, just to give you an idea of what that butt plug’s costing you, aside from your dignity:
- Phthalates are a group of chemicals used to make plastics softer and more flexible. They adversely affect human reproduction and development, and are “reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen” according to the EPA. Phthalates are banned from children’s and pet toys in Canada, the UK and here, but remain omnipresent in adult toys.
- Trimethhyltin Chloride is a chemical used as a bacteria and fungus control agent. It causes skin and eye irritation, dizziness, seizures and damage to the kidney and liver. Repeated exposure can cause irreversible central nervous system damage as well as genetic mutations, birth defects and brain damage.
- Phenol is a disinfectant. It causes skin and eye irritation. Long-term, oral exposure has resulted in progressive weight loss, blood and liver damage, vertigo and abnormal development in lab animals.
- Toluene is used to create polymers and as a solvent. It causes damage to the central nervous system in both acute and chronic cases. Acutely, it can cause central nervous system depression and cardiac arrhythmia. In cases of chronic exposure, tremors, involuntary eye movements, birth defects and cancer are all normal.
- 1-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidinone is used as a solvent, a plasticizer and in pharmaceuticals. Labs in California and Europe have found it interrupts the endocrine system, which causes a whole slew of reproductive problems such as birth defects and issues regulating hormones such as testosterone.
- Dimethylformamide is an industrial solvent that’s used in the production of fibers and surface coating. It damages the liver, causes abdominal pain, nausea, alcohol intolerance and rashes. It’s been know to cause spontaneous abortions and has a possible link to testicular cancer." ~ http://www.therooster.com/blog/toxic-sex-toys-how-find-one-thats-not-going-murder-you-cancer
More medical grade silicone benefits and info :